Helpful resources for those with questions about the coronavirus
The food and agriculture industry is defined as critically essential by the U.S. Department of Homeland Security during this time as the country continues to navigate through COVID-19. Download this template letter to keep with you for proof if you are employed in agriculture or one of the other essential critical infrastructure sectors. The letter will provide information on why your travel to and from work, as well as other duties assigned, are essential during COVID-19.
RELIEF AND FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE:
COVID-19 AGRICULTURE WORKER SAFETY: Download and print the COVID-19 Agriculture Worker Safety Guidance from the CDC and U.S. Dept. of Labor. This packet will help agricultural employers to prevent the spread of COVID-19 and protect the health and safety of their workforce.
Please email email@example.com if you have further questions.
DIRECT PAYMENT APPLICATIONS: Coronavirus Food Assistance Program from the U.S. Dept. of Agriculture
Economic Injury Disaster Loan and Advance from the U.S. Small Business Administration
Paycheck Protection Program and Health Care Enhancement Act and Frequently Asked Questions
$522 Million in COVID-19 Crop Losses & Importance of Agriculture Aid from the Dept. of Agriculture and Consumer Services
Paycheck Protection Program from the Small Business Administration. For more information, go here.
Florida Small Business Emergency Bridge Loan Program from the state of Florida .
Coronavirus Tax Relief and Economic impact payments: What you need to know from the IRS
USDA Relief Measures to Help Rural Residents, Businesses and Communities Affected by COVID-19 from USDA Rural Development
Key Provisions of “COVID III”, the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act from United Fresh Produce Association
Register on MyFloridaMarketPlace to be able to qualify for any Florida COVID-19 related produce purchasing programs aimed at assisting growers. For more info, go here.
HEALTH AND SAFETY
Coronavirus.gov from the White House and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
Current Florida county mask mandates by LobbyTools COVID-19 Coverage
Food Safety and the Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA)
Coronavirus Guidelines for America from the Administration
Keeping Workplaces, Homes, Schools and Business Safe from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
Florida Farm to You to see which local farms are selling produce directly to consumers from FDACS
Shopping for Food During the COVID-19 Pandemic - Information for Consumers from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA)
Coronavirus: Consumer Resource Page from United Fresh Produce Association
COVID-19 and Food Safety at Grocery Stores from the University of Florida IFAS Extension
Assurance about food safety and supply for people and animals during COVID-19 from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA)
CRITICAL BUSINESS DURING COVID-19:
- Guidance on essential critical infrastructure workers during COVID-19 from the Dept. of Homeland Security
- Download this document from the Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services or this document from the Administration to show your business or job is critically essential during COVID-19.
EMPLOYEE PROTOCOLS/WORKER SAFETY:
- Agriculture Workers and Employers: Interim Guidance from CDC and the U.S. Department of Labor
- Food and Agriculture: Considerations for Prioritization of PPE and Sanitation Supplies from FDA & USDA
- What to Do if You Have COVID-19 Confirmed Positive or Exposed Workers in Your Food Production, Storage, or Distribution Operations regulated by FDA
- Use of Respirators, Facemasks, and Cloth Face Coverings in the Food and Agriculture Sector During Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) Pandemic by FDA
FOOD SAFETY: Food Safety and the Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) with guidance for the industry from the FDA
CROP PROTECTION AND LAND:
- EPA guidance on pesticide safety training during COVID-19 from the EPA
- EPA Statement On Respiratory Protection Shortages Related to Pesticide Uses Covered by the Agricultural WPS from the EPA
- EPA’s Coronavirus (COVID-19) Resources for State, Local, and Tribal Agencies and Associations from the EPA
- Registered Antimicrobial Products for Use Against Novel Coronavirus SARS-CoV-2 from the EPA
FOR EXPORTERS: Assistance to U.S. Customers and Lenders Amid COVID-19 Outbreak fact sheet from the Export-Import Bank of the U.S.
FOR SUPPLIER VERIFICATION: Consumer Brands Alternate Supplier Verification in Emergency Situations from Consumer Brands Association
FOR TRANSPORTATION: Emergency Road Use Permit Letter truck weight waiver from the Florida Dept. of Transportation.
Visit the Department of Transportation’s website and the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration's website to keep up with news and alerts.
FOR H-2A WORKFORCE:
- Potential Resources for Seasonal Agriculture Workers from USDA
- Department to Temporarily Amend Certain H-2A Requirements During COVID-19 National Emergency from the Dept. of Homeland Security
- H-2A Employer Guidance FAQ for COVID-19 Round 1 from the Office of Foreign Labor Certification
- H-2A Employer Guidance FAQ for COVID-19 Round 2 from the Office of Foreign Labor Certification
- FAQs for H-2A Employers Regarding COVID-19 from CJ Lake law firm with whom the National Council of Agriculture Employers works with.
- Visit https://www.farmers.gov/manage/h2a to keep up news and alerts on H-2A agricultural guest worker visas.
FOR U-PICK FARMS: FAQ for U-Pick Farms and Steps for Farm Managers from the University of Florida IFAS Extension
FOR PACA: FAQs Related to the COVID-19 Impact on the Fruit and Vegetable Industry from the USDA Agricultural Marketing Service
Guidance on Returning to Work by the U.S. Department of Labor Occupational Safety and Health Administration
COVID-19 worker housing flier and talking points from PMA and UF/IFAS (Spanish version here)
Required FFCRA Poster and FAQ from the U.S. Dept. of Labor. Employers must post a notice to current employees informing them of their rights under the Act.
COVID-19 and the American Workplace and its effects on FLSA, FMLA and FFCRA from the U.S. Dept. of Labor Wage and Hour Division.
Guidance on Preparing Workplaces for COVID-19 from the U.S. Dept. of Labor’s Occupational Safety and Health Administration
FAQs for Employers on COVID-19 from the Fisher Phillips law firm with whom FFVA works with.
SBA Disaster Assistance Resources and the Paycheck Protection Program's Assistance for Small Businesses from the U.S. Small Business Administration
COVID-19 posters for Spanish employees here and here and for French employees here from the Centers for Disease and Control Prevention
TRACKING OF VIRUS
FLORIDA: Florida's COVID-19 Data and Surveillance Dashboard from the Florida Dept. of Health, Division of Disease Control and Health Protection
INTERNATIONALLY: COVID-19 Global Cases Dashboard by the Center for Systems Science and Engineering at John Hopkins University